TN NAFTA Work Visa General Information: The TN NAFTA Work Visa was created by the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with the purpose of creating special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. This non-immigrant visa is reserved only for Canadian and Mexican citizens who practice certain professional occupations and who already have a job offer from a U.S-based employer. The applicant must be the requirements needed for occupations they are applying for in the United States. The TN NAFTA Work Visa can also be used by prospective applicants desiring to come to the United States for temporary training or to conduct seminars.
- TN NAFTA Work Visa Overview
- TN NAFTA Work Visa Eligibility and Requirements
- TN NAFTA Work Visa Privileges and Limitations
- TN NAFTA Work Visa Extension Information
- TN NAFTA Work Visa Document Checklist
- Work Visa Interview Information
- How to Complete the Application Forms
- How to get a TD Visa for Spouse and Unmarried Children
- How to complete the L-1 Work Visa Application Forms
- How to Change your Status if you Already are in the U.S.
- How to Apply at a U.S. Consulat.
- List of Required Documents
- Information on Filing Fees
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- List of USCIS Offices Nationwide
- Directory of U.S. Embassies and Consulates
- All Required Application Forms are Included with the Guide
US Immigration Organization TN NAFTA Work Visa Information and Application Guide contains a carefully laid-out and detailed guideline to procure this in-demand visa. The information is easy to understand and will provide each applicant a complete knowledge of the intricacies of this visa and how apply for one. All the requisite forms and materials are included.
TN NAFTA Work Visa Eligibility Requirements: Only certain professional occupations qualify for the TN Status. Examples include architects, lawyers, dentists, engineers, and many more. Please refer to the TN NAFTA Work Visa Information and Application Guide for a complete list of occupations qualifying for the TN status. The applicant must then be able to prove he or she meets the requirements for the occupation in question. Please note that the TN NAFTA Work Visa is only reserved for Canadian and Mexican Citizens. Finally, a job offer from a U.S-based enterprise must already be offered.
TN NAFTA Work Visa Additional Information: There is no annual limit as to how many TN NAFTA Work Visas for Canadian and Mexican citizens. Those granted the TN status are permitted to bring their spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to the United States under the TD status. However, the family members under the TD status cannot legally work in the United States.
Other Work Visas:
- H-1B Work Visa is available for college-educated professionals
- H-2B Work Visa is available for temporary workers on non-agricultural jobs
- The E-3 Work Visa is a new visa category available only to Australian citizens